My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Dick and Linda are OK per this e-mail:

In spite of what you saw on TV or read in the paper, it was all very anticlimactic here in ######. We had two brief, but heavy, showers before I went to bed at 10:00. The worst of the hurricane was supposed to hit our area between midnight and 8:00 AM. I woke up at 12:00, 2:00. and 4:30. Each time I went to the front door and looked out. The driveway was wet but it wasn't raining. The air was calm.

This morning, there are no branches down nor any sign that there had been a major storm. I haven't turned on the TV but I think it must have veered out to sea before it reached northeast Florida. I guess that makes it a non-event.

People are out on the golf course playing although it appears to be 'cart-path-only'.

No comments: