My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

I like to go to Ruby Tuesday for their salad bar, and I'll let you in on a secret: There are three different kinds of lettuce on their salad bar.

The lettuce in the biggest and most prominent bowl is your standard iceberg. I don't mind iceberg, but their's has been yellowish and old looking lately.

To the right of this bowl is a much smaller bowl filled with very fresh romaine lettuce. A very good choice, but not the best choice.

Behind both of these bowls, way in the back, is a bowl of very fresh mesclun. Mesclun is my favorite salad base, followed by romaine, spinach, and then iceberg. The mesclun doesn't have frisée, my favorite mesclun component, but it is still very good.

Try it and let me know what you think.

They also have a delicious fresh apple and maple salad. Sounds weird but also very delicious.

No comments: