My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, October 02, 2004

I love my XM Radio. I put my ear plug in when I go to bed and listen to about five or six news and talk stations including the BBC, CNN, and Air America Radio. If I don't toss and turn too much during the night I usually wake up with the ear plug still in and listening.

Now that it looks like my daily two hour round-trip drive to work will be a permanent part of my routine, I decided to by the car adaptor kit for my XM Radio. We picked it up at Wal-Mart during the OSU-Northwestern half time. It works great. There is an adaptor that fits into the tape player of the car.

That is fine for the car I take to work everyday, but the van is what we usually take for long trips, and that has a CD player; not a tape player. There is an FM modulator that broadcasts a short range FM signal from the XM receiver that is picked up by the car's radio. I think we will also pick up one of those for our next road trip. It will be really nice to have static-free commercial-free music the entire duration of our next road trip.

Vehicle Adaptor Kit


FM Modulator

No comments: