My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, December 11, 2004

I love my Senseo coffee maker but am a little tired with my decaf coffee choices. The "official" coffee pods to be used with the Senseo machines are from the huge Dutch coffee roaster Douwe Egberts.

Black & Decker make a compatible system called Home Café. The have aligned with Folgers and Millstone to make their coffee pods.

It's very good coffee, but wish I had more choice, especially for decaf. I think Starbucks (or Lavazza, or Dunkin Donuts, etc.) would clean up if they sold some of their coffee in pod format.

And what about small roasters? This would be ideal It would love it if they could "podize" their own coffee. I miss Stauf's coffee in Columbus and would love to have some of their SWP (Swiss Water Process) decaf burping from my Senseo machine.

I think it would also be neat if they made a kit that would let you make pods at home with your own fresh ground coffee.

If my Senseo broke I would replace it, but not necessarily with another Senseo. I would seriously consider one of the European machines (right) that grind fresh beans one cup at a time. I think they start in the $300 to $500 range and go up to $2,000, but I have really loved being able to have a single good cup of coffee on a moments notice. (If I didn't replace it with an expensive European machine I would get another Senseo though.)

No comments: