My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Sheri's birthday so far

We had a great afternoon and evening at the hotel. We checked in around 2 PM, got settled in our room, and then went straight to the pool. We swam and splashed for probably a little more than an hour, then Sheri got out to rest for a while and read some of the trash magazines she bought just for the occasion. I stayed in the pool and read a couple of stories from my latest National Geographic. We had the entire pool to ourselves so I just propped the magazine on a towel on the floor by the side of the pool while I stood in about 5.5 feet of water.

After about 30 – 45 minutes and a few fat free Pringles Sheri got back in the water and we did laps back and forth and talked until 5 PM.

Then we both got out, toweled off and read magazines pool-side for 30 minutes while we air-dried.

After that we went upstairs, showered and went out to dinner at the Atlanta Bread Company. We started off splitting a wood fired sausage pizza and an iced tea. The pizza was not nearly as good as we anticipated. After that I went back up and got a sandwich/salad combo. I had half of a chicken salad sandwich on 9 grain bread and Sheri had a salad that had field greens, apples wedges, blue cheese, dried cranberries, onions, and a nice dressing. Then we split a cappuccino and an oatmeal cookie and sat in the comfortable chairs by the fireplace, read the paper and talked until I think about 8 PM.

We were more tired out than we thought we were from swimming, so we just hung out in the room, watched TV, and surfed the web. (They have free wireless internet and Sheri brought her laptop.)

While we were watching TV there were loud people in the hallway and in the room next door. At about 11:45 PM after we had turned out the lights they were getting louder, so I called the front desk. The second I hung up the phone (literally) all the talking and door banging stopped. Cool. We both started to drift off.

About an hour later they must have returned from a food run and started up with the loud talking again. I called the front desk and they said the guy went up last time and didn’t hear anything. I told her it was weird that they stopped the second I hung up, but they are back at it again. She apologized and said she would send someone up again. This time I think he caught them because all of a sudden the whole floor is dead silent. Great, but now I am wide-awake, which is why I am making this post. I think Sheri is asleep, but I am not sure. I think I hear deep breathing off and on. I hope my typing isn’t keeping her awake.

We have a great room! I was going to reserve a room from their website for $79, but at the last minute I called their front desk and chit chatted with the woman for a few minutes. I ended up getting the $109 room for only $69. Yeah me! Right now I am sitting in a big recliner by the ceiling to floor length picture window with the curtains fully open typing by the light of the city lights.

The plan for tomorrow is to get up as early as possible and have breakfast downstairs, come back upstairs to open Sheri’s birthday presents, and then go swim for a few more hours before checking out.

No comments: