My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

We have fun turning certain TV events into little special little events of our own. Things like the Super Bowl, Rose Bowl, Oscars, etc. We make special treat foods to eat while watching whatever it is on TV. Things like my homemade pizza, sauerkraut balls, foot long subs, shrimp boils, steaks, fancy cheeses, enchiladas, loaded nachos, my award winning guacamole, etc.

Tonight we were excited about the MTV Video Music Awards and I had a GREAT seasonal as well has practical idea: fried green tomatoes! I have six giant plants and they are all loaded with green tomatoes, and I don't want any of them to go to waste.

I cut them about a half inch think and sprinkled them with salt and pepper about 15 minutes before cooking them. This lets the salt draw some of the moisture out of the tomatoes so you get a crispier crust.

I dipped each one in milk, then flour, egg, and finally a mixture of half corn meal and half Italian seasoned bread crumbs and the then fried them for three minutes on each side.

I think I cooked up about 20 of them and we only have four or five left.

I dipped them mostly in horseradish sauce and she dipped mostly in honey mustard.

The best line from the awards show so far was from Jack Black: "This show has been laying farts for the last 20 years. Tonight I'm going to light a match."

The hottest hottie so far was Jessica Simpson in her little black dress. We just felt it was a shame she had to talk. I'm surprised I already found a picture of her from tonight's show:

No comments: