My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

We had a really nice Christmas and New Years holiday. Even though Sheri was on call up until New Year's Eve day we still both felt really refreshed from not feeling pressure to do anything and just enjoy cooking, eating, watching movies, burning wood, and playing with Mitch.

For New Years I made pepperoni bread. We were gone too long while the dough was rising and it blew the bowl right off of the counter.



It turned out excellent.



pepperoni
provolone cheese
parmesan cheese
garlic powder
oregano
basil
onion flakes

We had a little incident tonight with Mitch. I thought I would see how he responded to having his nails clipped. I did one of the nails on his back leg while he was lying down. He didn't even look up. Cool. I took just a little off of the first one to get a feel for how far down his quick grows.

On the second nail I found out how far down his quick grows. He let out a little yip and sat up. His first response was to kiss my face, like he was letting me know he was OK, and then he looked at his foot.

It started bleeding like crazy. After inspecting it for about 10 seconds he laid his head back down and let us figure out how to stop the bleeding. It just wouldn't quit.







Direct pressure didn't work because I think when we removed the tissue any blood that had clotted was disturbed and it started bleeding again. After doing that a few times I just let it bleed. It started to slow down after a minute and pretty much stopped after about three minutes. I guess the air helped to dry it out and create a cap.

I had a really unusual pizza tonight. It was a very thin crispy crust topped with artichoke hearts, prosciutto, ricotta cheese, and a couple other things I can't remember.

As soon as they take it hot out of the oven they crack in egg right in the middle of it and let it cook for a little bit just from the heat of the pizza. By the time they bring it to the table the egg is coddled. The server takes a spoon and mixes the egg up right in front of me on the pizza and then spoons the egg around the entire pizza. Surprisingly delicious. If I go back I would order the exact same thing which is extremely unusual for me.

No comments: