My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Quick update: had a follow-up dentist appointment tonight to have a preemptive filling in some deep places that could collect debris. Very minor. She didn't even give me a shot, just a topical anesthetic. She also ground down a couple of points on a couple teeth so my bite meshes better. I could feel the improvement right away. Finally I was also fitted for a Nightguard because she said it looks like a might be grinding my teeth from side to side when I sleep. She said they will call me in a couple of weeks when it is ready to come in for a final fitting.

On the way home I stopped at Office Depot just to see if there is anything I couldn't live without. I couldn't find anything, but on the way out I stopped at the clearance table and found hand held staplers for $2 each, so I bought two.


Then I stopped at the library and got two beer history books and the movie 300.

I sat on the patio and read some of one of the beer books and had a delicious homebrew.

My favorite beer was Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, very respectable beer with an "A-" rating on beeradvocate.com. I think my first solo batch of homebrew I made on the patio is noticeably better than that, even though I made the two yeast mistakes and had to pitch additional yeast halfway through the fermentation. I am very encouraged. I can't wait to taste a sample of my latest batch when I rack this weekend.

Even though I have an awesome dentist and totally trust her I still get nervous and worked up before going in. When it's over I feel exhausted from stressing all day prior to the appointment. Therefore I am already brushed, PJ'd and in bed and it is not even 9:30 PM

No comments: