My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, September 22, 2008

As a treat to myself for a productive weekend of yard work and chores I went to Whole Foods Sunday evening to try a new beer.

I picked up a 22 ounce bottle of Dreadnaught Imperial IPA from Three Floyds Brewing Company for $12. It turns out my instincts were good because it is the 17th highest rated beer on Beer Advocate! I didn't end up drinking it because I wasn't 100% in a beer mood and didn't want to waste it. Maybe I will save it for Friday night to enjoy while watching the presidential debates.

I also picked up a six pack of Mad Hatter IPA from New Holland Brewing Company. This is what I ended up having Sunday evening and I loved it! Might be my new favorite. At $8.50 I consider it to be a bargain. I almost walked out with a different six pack but I noticed that they had twist offs and I can't use those to bottle my homebrew, so I picked up my second choice and really lucked out. I can't wait for Tim-In-Law to try it and see what he thinks. I think it will compare well with his favorite Arrogant Bastard.

No comments: