My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, August 25, 2003

I had my first two classes today. Pretty good. I had lunch in the student union. (broasted chicken, green beans, mashed, and a Diet Pepsi.)

I am typing this now in the computer lab in the student union. My next class is a couple of hours from now.

After I post this, I am going to find a comfortable place to sit, read the news paper, and maybe read a chapter or two from a text book.

I got on campus early today to get a parking permit. The lady said the parking garage fills up by 8:30 AM! I found an open lot just a little bit north-east of the building where I have the most classes.

It is VERY hot and humid here today. I had a pretty good lather worked up by the time my first class started.

The professor let us out of class four minutes late. No big deal except I only have 10 minutes between classes, and the next class is an 11 minute walk if I am really pushing it! Fortunately, the room for the second class is like a meat locker. He even put a comment in the syllabus to wear a sweater because the building is always very cold. That is just fine by me. I cooled down quickly, considering how hot it is outside, the distance I had to traverse, and how fast I had to walk.

I still have an uneasy feeling about going to school and not working. For the last 13 years I have been earning a paycheck and being productive. Big change. Being around all these college kids that don't have any idea what it is like to pay a mortgage every month, work at a company for almost 10 years, or be concerned about medical insurance feels a little weird too.

No comments: