My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, August 09, 2003

We just got back from a week in Florida. On Tuesday Martin and I went deep sea fishing. I caught five fish that were big enough to keep and eat. (pictures below) I had to throw back about four or five mingo snappers, and an equal number of red snappers that were too small.

I caught two triggerfish. This was by far the most delicious fish I have ever tasted! Snow-white meat. Very mild, but had a delicious savory flavor. While I was waiting to have them put on my stringer and put on ice, I took a piece of squid and put it in the fish's mouth. It clamped down for a few seconds. Upon opening it's mouth there was a piece missing that exactly matched its mouth. It's teeth looked almost like those of a pirona. Very sharp.


I caught two mingo snappers. Also known as vermillion snapper. This was almost as good tasting as the triggerfish.


And I caught a monster 5 or 6 pound red snapper. It was almost two feet long, and the filets were probably over a foot long! Very tasty.

No comments: