My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, July 17, 2004

We bought a Senseo coffee maker today. I already LOVE it. It makes what is called "crema" style coffee because it has a light layer of creamy foam on top. It is the kind of coffee they served everywhere when I was in Switzerland. It is halfway between regular drip coffee and espresso, and is brewed under pressure. Because it is brewed quickly, it has much less acid than drip coffee. This coffee maker has been sold in Europe for something like five to ten years. 5,000,000 units have been sold. Europeans drink much smaller cups of coffee than Americans do. As a result of its European roots it is designed to only brew 4 ounces at a time. This was a big selling point for me. If I make a pot of coffee, I will drink the whole thing even if don't really want it. Getting four ounces of perfectly brewed coffee-house coffee will be just enough to get enjoyment without over-doing it. The preparation and cleanup is also super easy because it uses pre-measured pods. They cost about 25¢ each. Much cheaper than Starbucks.


No comments: