My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I actually wrote this to post Sunday, but the blogger website was having problems.

I made an awesome batch of homemade yogurt Friday night. I let it incubate for about 11 hours, so it has a nice strong sour taste. Sheri is going to use some of it tonight to make her famous spinach pies. Mmmm…..

They say if you are lactose intolerant or eat yogurt because of the active yogurt culture, it is better to eat homemade yogurt rather than store-bought. Store-bought is probably only incubated about four hours, so the culture does not have as much time to convert the lactose. Directly related to this, the longer you let it incubate, the more culture the yogurt will contain.

I did a lot of yard work today. Raked leaves to the curb. Cut the grass. Emptied the potting soil from the disposable hanging pots that had annuals and through them away. Wound up hoses, took in sprinklers, nozzles, stuff like that. I also topped off the tire pressure on both of the cars.

Sheri went to get her haircut while I was doing that. She brought back a skewer of lamb kabob from a middle eastern place near her stylists. Mmmm…. I think I like lamb better than beef. Her hair looks cute. She got it cut short to give her hair more fullness.

After I clean up we are going to watch one of the movies that we have in (The Hunting Of The President, or Johnson Family Vacation) and then later in the evening watch the new episode of The Simpsons.

No comments: