My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

I don't know why I am up so early and with the inclination to make a post. We were up until 2:00 AM. Sheri watching a 1959 foreign film about the Holocaust, and me playing a silly game called Ink Ball I found on the Tablet PC I brought home from work.

I don't know if I mentioned it here, but I was excited about getting our new dishwasher installed. Remember we bought it almost a month ago but couldn't get an installation date until yesterday because Sheri had a comp day from work.

I was expecting a confirmation call Thursday from the installation company. By 4:00 PM I had not heard anything so I called Sears. Sears had my order on file, so everything looked good to them, but the guy said he would call the installation company just to make sure. He put me on hold for a few minutes and then clicked back over. He said the answering machine picked up so he just left a message but everything should be OK.

Friday morning by 10:00 AM we still had not heard anything. Sheri called the install company directly and the guy said they had no record of us. I called Sears and they faxed the order to the company. Sheri gets back on the phone with the install company and said they can install it, but not until next Saturday. I WANTED MY DISHWASHER!!!!

I think I normally would have just chalked it up to life, but I was ticked, so I called Sears to bitch. I ended up getting 10% of the cost of the dishwasher ($45) refunded to us! That made me feel better.

=====
Enjoyable Friday Night

Thursday night after work I met Sheri at the Pontiac dealership so we could drop the van off for overnight service. The lens of the right front headlight housing fell off when we had the extreme cold for a couple weeks; both fog-light light bulbs needed to be replaced; and we were due for an oil change. They also suggested a transmission flush and a cooling system flush, so I got that done as well.

I drove home from work, picked up Sheri, and went back to the dealership. From there we went to BW3's for dinner. Sheri loves the place, but I just think it is OK. Last night for some reason I was craving their Buffalo wings. I got six hot and six wild. Hit the spot perfectly. Sheri always gets four chicken tenders plain, and then a side of hot barbeque sauce and a side of bleu cheese dressing.

We were not ready to go home, so we dropped a car off at home and then continued on to Wal-Mart just to walk around. The only thing we had on our "list" was to look at their yarn and knitting stuff. Sheri is trying her hand at knitting for the first time. She has about six to eight inches of a wide scarf completed for me so far! She bought three skeins of yarn.

I got my, believe it or not, very first jean jacket. We looked at Old Navy last week but they did not have any tall sizes. It is a Wrangler and it is "blanket lined". Very soft. (I am wearing it right now. *dork*) Because it was an extended size it was $4 more ($29). The regular sizes were only $25. What a bargain.

I also got, thanks to the seed that Dad planted, some water color paints, a pad of water color paper, a couple brushes, and a palette. I will have to look on-line for some instructional sites, or maybe go to the library.

We also got paper towels, napkins, a few cosmetic things for Sheri, two Sonicare toothbrush head replacements, and a few other things I can't remember. We went in to look at yarn and walked out $122 lighter.

========
Saturday

Not too much of a plan today. Starbucks is scheduled to release their new drinkable chocolate drink Chantico today. It is supposed to be very rich. From what I have read it is better to treat it as a rich dessert, and not something you would gulp down as a morning routine. It is nothing like the pedestrian "hot chocolate". It is more like a melted truffle. We are going to try it by splitting a six ounce cup today.
(I think it is weird that I couldn't find anything on Starbuck's site about the drink.)

No comments: