My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Our plans changed. We watched Garden State. We both thought it was just OK. I think it is targeted at the angsty 20-something crowd.

I was going to cook up some tofu stir fry, but I am not hungry for a big meal. I am actually not hungry for a meal, period. My stomach is a little funny feeling. Maybe a cup of tea and something light. Just hang out and watch people. I don't know of any cool hip coffee houses open late, so I did a search on Google Local for coffee house and came across a place called Mr. Shesha's Coffee House. It is a hookah bar, and I am not interested in smoking a hookah, but I called and they said the kitchen is open until 1 AM and the place closes at 2 AM. This is how a review site describes it:

This café is a diamond in the rough – rough being the largely abandoned strip mall this café is located in. It’s an upscale shisha, tea and espresso house in the far west suburbs. The crowd is a mix of young hip college students and Arabs. The flavor selection is small, but the pipes are high quality. The house special is apple flavored shisha served up in a head made from an apple. The location is hard to find – look behind the Wood Pit Barbeque joint. Open form 6 PM to 2 AM.

We are going to drive over and give it a look. If it looks like a comfortable place where we can lounge around for a few hours, watch people, talk, and have some light appetizers and something to drink we will stay. If it's not for us we will drive around for a bit and see if we pass something that sounds good to both of us.

I really have my fingers crossed that it will turn out to be a place where we can hang out late at night when we are feeling restless at home. Starbucks are usually only open until 9 PM and they don't really serve food. We don't drink so we feel funny hanging out in bars. Those are usually too noisy for us too. Different crowd.

Sheri went from:

"I don't want to go out because I am already in my PJ's."

to

"Well, if we go out I want to wear my black leather dress."

Go figure.

No comments: