My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I think I have figured out how to use our camcorder as a web cam. Sheri is going out with some friends tonight, so I have some free time to geek around. Stop back here tonight to see if I am able to figure it out.

We wished we had a live web cam when we had Goliath. We would have set it up aimed at his favorite spots to see what he does. When does he sneak on the couch? When does he get into the kitchen garbage can? How much time does he spend looking out of the front window?

What will I point our web can at if I can get it to work? During big projects I will set it up so people can check in.

- Watch us clean out the garage on a Saturday.
- Painting a room.
- Last summer's landscaping weekend would have been a candidate. I would have set the camera up to look out of a second story window.
- Point it outside when we are expecting extreme weather like last weekend's snowstorm.
- Point it the hot next-door neighbor's swimming pool. (If we had a hot next-door neighbor.)

Ah, the life of a geek.

No comments: