My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Friday, October 14, 2005

There is a kind of spam you may have noticed on my blog. Web robots comb the web looking for comment buttons on blogs, and when they find them they leave a comment with a link to web site.

Lately I have been getting these fairly regularly. Because of this I have turned on a feature that will help stop this. If you want to post a comment to my blog it will work just like it did before except you will see a picture of a nonsense word. All you have to do is type this word into the space below it. It is a picture of a word so the spammers cannot simply write a program that would copy that word and paste it into the space. It takes a person to actually do it.

It will look something like this:



So you would just type "todmcz" in the space below the word picture (without the quotation marks) before you click the OK button to post your comment.

No comments: