My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

My Weekend

Friday morning before I left for work I put a quartered onion, a cup of water and a corned beef brisket into the crock pot on low. I have never cooked corned beef in a crock pot, I have always boiled it, and I was a little concerned about it being too salty. It was a little saltier than I would have liked it, but not to the point of being inedible. It was extremely tender though. I also picked out an especially lean cut. I will probably do it in the crock pot again, but maybe next time I will add more water to help leach out more of the salt.

Every Thanksgiving and every St. Patrick's day I always wonder why I don't cook turkey or corned beef the rest of the year since I like them both so much. Maybe I will see if Sheri is interested in having me cook some more corned beef when she gets back.

Without Sheri here to make me go to bed I stayed up way too late watching TV and surfing the Net on the couch. I didn't close my eyes until after 4 AM. Because of that my Saturday was kind of a waste. I didn't get out of bed until 11 AM. I wanted to do our taxes and maybe clean out the fish tank. I made it to CompUSA to buy a webcam that was on sale and to Trader Joe's for some more soy protein and milk. The rest of the day was spent playing with the web cam on the couch. I made sure I got to bed at a more reasonable hour Saturday night. I think I was in bed by 11:30 PM and watched a little TV for about half an hour or so.

This morning I got up at a decent time, made some coffee and a bowl of cereal and ate that while I flipped through the paper at the kitchen table.

I went through some mail, paid some bills, and then started working on the taxes a bit. I think I have most of it done. I just have to check out a couple other deductions.

A little bit ago I started getting hungry so I cooked the other half of the head of cabbage from Friday and warmed up the remaining corned beef and ate that while I watched the Malaysian Grand Prix. Giancarlo Fisichella from Italy won driving for Renault.

I think I am done working on taxes for today. I think I am going to let my corned beef and cabbage digest a bit and then give the fish tank the long overdue cleaning it needs.

I also plan on watching the Ohio State game at 3:50 PM CST.

No comments: