My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

At 1 AM Sheri had a break for an hour and went to bed for an hour. I was wide awake when she went up and it took me an hour to wind down, brush my teeth, etc. to make it to bed. By the time I slipped under the covers at 2 AM she was waking up to get back to work.

I woke up at 7:30 AM and she was still at it. I went downstairs and made her some coffee and then just browsed the Internets for a while.

After a bit I was getting hungry and asked her if I could get her anything. "No." I asked a few times, and each time "No."

I knew she needed something to eat, but in her mind she didn't want anything. I made two over-medium eggs and slid those on top of a piece of buttered toast and sprinkled some cheddar cheese on top. (She doesn't get enough protein.) I casually carried into the family room like I was getting ready to eat it, but I quickly handed it to her and said "Just have a couple bites." and then left the room to use the restroom. I knew if she had it in front of her and couldn't hand it back to me she would at least have a few bites of the egg white with the cheese.

When I came back a few minutes later half of it was gone! That meant she was hungry. I told her to finish it up and she resisted. "No, I can't eat your breakfast. You made it." Etc. etc. She already ate half of it. So I just told no, you eat and walked back to the kitchen to make my own. She finished it before I could finish cooking my own.

Afterward she said she was glad I got her to eat. I think the last thing she had before that was the Buffalo chicken sandwich for lunch the previous day in Toledo.

She is only going on an hour of sleep and it looks like there will be a stopping point soon. It looks like she is a little slap-happy and wants to go out to do a little grocery shopping, stretch her legs and get some fresh air. After that she might have a little more to do at work and then she will take a nap. I don't know if I will lay down with her or clean the fish tank. I have been putting that off for weeks and weeks now.

It is 55 degrees here right now so getting out for some errands should be refreshing.

No comments: