My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

I ordered the 35 pound dog cage, two dog sweaters and a shedding brush the Monday night before Thanksgiving. Even though the cage was 35 pounds, if I took the seven day ground delivery service the shipping was only $10.99. This would be perfect. It would show up early to mid week after Thanksgiving but before Mitch arrives. I ordered Monday night so they would not start processing the order until Tuesday.

Well I was right, they didn't process it until the next business day, Tuesday, but it was sent overnight via FedEx and got here on Wednesday! That would normally be fine but we left for Toledo Wednesday morning and were not planning on returning until Saturday.

Fortunately I checked my e-mail before we left and received the FedEx tracking number with their delivery estimate. Sheri was able to find one of our neighbors still home Wednesday morning and got her to pick up the stuff from our porch.

The neighbor had plans of her own and was going to be gone this day and returning that day but would be able to pick it up for us. The box is obviously very large and I was worried during our visit that it would be sitting on our front porch for a day or so like a big sign to everyone driving by that we weren't home and to come on in and get comfortable. Help yourself to our stuff. Or at least someone would have some brand new free doggy stuff.

Fortunately she picked it up and everything worked out fine. On the one hand I am a little annoyed with them that they shipped it overnight and messed up my plans and gave me anxiety. On the other hand I am really impressed with their prices, service and shipping. We ordered it from Doctors Foster and Smith. I will obviously order from them again.

This is where we think we will keep the cage. It is in the front room right next to the door into the family room where we spend most of our time. If he just needs some alone time he can go in his cage but still keep an eye on us and the front door from that location. (Goliath used his cage for that purpose a lot. It was his safe place.) Plus it is pretty much out of our way, both underfoot and visually.

No comments: