My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

The bean soup I made last week turned out really good and we ate every last drop. I had celery and carrots on hand because of the soup so I thought that was a good enough excuse to make a pot of chicken noodle soup this weekend.

I got a six pound chicken for only $4, and a bunch of parsley at the grocery store and came home yesterday and got that cooking. After a couple hours of that cooking on the stove I stained out all of the chicken, vegetables, parsley, bay leaves, etc. put the pot on the patio to quickly chill, and then brought it inside before we went to bed.

This morning I scraped the fat layer off of the top and put the pot back on the heat. I finely diced up a couple carrots, a stalk of celery and a medium onion and have that cooking right now. The broth tastes amazingly rich.

We are going to get cleaned up and dressed, boil the noodles, have a bowl of soup, and then run some Sunday afternoon errands.

No comments: