My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sheri is on the board of our neighborhood homeowners' association. The person that did the newsletter could not do it anymore, so I stepped up and volunteered. There were some camera-ready ads that needed to be scanned either because they were new last month, or the existing scans looked really bad. We decided to go ahead and buy ourselves a scanner. To my surprise almost nobody makes just a flatbed scanner anymore. Everyone is making the all-in-one machines. Fax-copy-scan-printer. One place we went had two flatbed scanners, but they were clearance and they only had the floor models left.

We walked over to the all-in-one section and started looking at those. We ended up with an HP C3180. After the rebate it will only be $65, so that wasn't so bad. I did not even install the ink cartridges that came with it because I like our current printer and I am just going to use it as a scanner.

I have had some fun scanning some old pictures around the house, and will probably continue to do that as I come across them.

In this 1942 picture my mother is the baby in lap of her grandmother. The writing on the back of the picture says (I left off all the last names):

Left to Right (Standing) Mary, Glen, Katherine mother – (Martha), Jacob, Michael (Grandma B's brother)
Sitting: Great Grandma and Grandpa Nick and Fannie, Beverly

click for larger picture


If anyone is interested in a larger picture for getting prints let me know. The original scan is very high resolution; 5,058 x 3,850 pixels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great picture. Your Mom is really cute!

FYI - Martha was Grandpa Nick's sister and Jacob was Grandma B's brother.