My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, July 03, 2003

Mom went to Grand Rapids for a week to help Tim and Lisa settle in. Below is a dispatch she sent out today:

Hi Everyone!

I'm really enjoying my visit in Grand Rapids. The weather has been perfect and so has Shawn (well almost)!

We've done a few things around the house. Went with Lisa to sign up for doctors, vet, get Dauber's license, etc. Tim and Lisa also spent 1 1/2 hours in line waiting to get car and driver's licenses!

Just got back from the first visit to their neighborhood pool. Really a nice facility. It was the first time also that Shawn has been in water deeper than the bathtub and he loved it. Had to bribe him to come home. I'm hoping we'll get to go back a few more times before I head back to Toledo.

Ted is coming up on Monday the 9th for a visit and to take me back to Toledo. Right now there's a good chance that Shawn and Lisa will also be coming back as she tentatively has a meeting in Toledo on the 10th. It's going to be really, really tough to say goodbye after being with them for so long. Maybe they'll want to hire me as a permanent Nanny! But even though I have enjoyed myself here, it has only made me realize more that Brad, my first born, is still my favorite child.

Have a great 4th!


No comments: