My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Friday, July 25, 2003

This is a pretty good representation of typical Indian food that you can get in the United States.

Starting at the top, rice with something that looks like corn, but I have not seen corn served in Indian restaurants. Maybe it is chick peas in a gravy. To the right looks like rice pudding for a little sweet. They make wonderful rice pudding. Lots of vanilla. Next looks like spinach and yogurt. The large white pieces are probably chicken. Next is peas and tofu in a spicy tomato gravy. I can not tell what is next to that. Probably potatoes with vegetables. Finally, next to that looks like some pickled vegetables to use as a garnish.

Notice the fork is sitting on a piece of flat bread. It is crispy like a tortilla, but much more delicate. It is made from chick pea flour, but I can not remember the name of the bread. One of my favorites!

You get a fork of rice and then scoop up one of the other things and eat it. I am getting hungry looking at it. It has been a while since we have had Indian food.

No comments: