My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, October 30, 2003

I initially bought a Remington electric razor 10 years ago just for weekends when I didn’t want to make the effort to lather up for a “real” shave. I got a good enough shave so that I felt clean-shaved enough to go out to a better restaurant. I would also pack it when traveling.

About a year ago the Remington got misplaced. After not having it for three or four weeks I realized a really missed it on the weekends, and decided to replace it. I ended up trying a Norelco 5801 XL cordless razor. Right away I noticed a much better shave than the Remington that I had been using, but I still just used it on weekends and when traveling.

Some mornings when I was running late I would just use the Norelco, sometimes even taking it in the car, because it is cordless, on the way to the train. I noticed that my 5 o’clock shadow might have actually been less than when I used a blade and lather. I started using the Norelco more and more, but my primary shave was still the blade.

My Norelco usage increased more and more, to the point now where I use it exclusively. I tried a blade shave last week, and my skin was irritated afterwards.

Dad had been using an old electric shaver that he got as a college graduation gift, but just for the weekend touch-ups like I used to do. For his birthday I got him the same Norelco I have, and I just checked with him, he is now converted to using it exclusively instead of a blade and lather.

By the way, the Remington showed up in a drawer in the upstairs guest bathroom a few weeks after I bought the Norelco. I have not used it since, and I am glad it got misplaced.

No comments: