My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Our normal at-home (as opposed to sleeping, or away-from-home) thermostat setting in the winter months is 63º. This means that we normally wear a sweatshirt or a flannel shirt around the house.

I have been working in the office for a few hours today, and because of the two computers, two lights, the TV, my body heat, and the southern-facing windows, the temperature is 71º. In the office I am comfortable in just a t-shirt, but when I leave the office to go to another room, the temperature difference is really noticeable the second I walk through the door; almost like I want to put on a sweatshirt just to go down to the kitchen for a couple minutes.

Just because the thermostat is set for 63º does not mean that is the temperature of the whole house. The temperature in our bedroom on top of the dresser near the front windows is 65º right now.

No comments: