My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, March 11, 2004

I am addicted to RSS feeds now. I have tried aggregators twice before and didn't think much of them. I read an article last week about the free SharpReader. I don't know if the user interface is better, or if it just took a few tries to realize how using an aggregator is better than just trolling news sites. I just leave it running all day, and every 15 minutes any new headlines from sites I have chosen pop up.

So far I am watching:

Slate
BBC News
Wired
CNet
The Register
MetaFilter
Christian Science Monitor
New York Times front page
New York Times technology
newsfeeds.manilasites.com
Daypop Top 40
Scientific American
Slashdot

Once you have downloaded and started up SharpReader you can just drag any of the above links to the left hand pane of SharpReader. That's it. You will be subscribed to that feed.

Click for full-size image.

No comments: