My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

No more movies for a while. As I mentioned earlier I can capture video from my camcorder, but no audio gets uploaed. I was getting really frustrated, double and triple checking all of the settings. Uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. Nothing worked. It was even more frustrating because the first few uploads just days earlier worked fine.

I took at look at Usenet tonight and it turns out I am not the only one having this same exact problem. Other people are describing the exact same symptoms right down to "it uploaded audio the day before and now it won't."

I think it is a Microsoft XP/Media Player 9 Series problem. Nothing in Microsoft's knowledge base admits to the problem. Since it seems like a common problem I guess I will just wait until after a few more Windows Updates and then try again.

Sorry. I was having fun making the little movies as much as I heard back that people liked watching them.

Maybe I will see if I can add narrated audio to the soundless-video. I guess that would be better than nothing. Just not as satisfying.

No comments: