My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

This morning we got a pretty early start. Sheri had some strawberry shortcake on the patio and did her crossword for breakfast. I made some French press coffee and started working on the pile of mail and bills that I let accumulate this week.

After Sheri finished her crossword she cut the grass and then did some touch-up around the yard with Weed-B-Gone. After that she was ready for a break so she went out for a bit of clothes shopping. She didn't get anything, but on the way back home she got an oil change for the car.

After I got done with the bills I did a few more chores around the house. Chopped up the pineapple we got a couple days ago; applied some rabbit repellant around the yard; and a couple other things I can't remember.

Sheri was so anxious to get the bikes out that she brought them up from the basement without my help. I got the tires inflated and the plan was just to go for a short ride around the neighborhood. We decided to ride to the little shopping strip that is about a mile from our house to mail a letter. When we got there we discovered the mailbox had been removed.

We had a quick conference and decided to backtrack and go to another mailbox a little farther away. After we got the letter mailed we had another conference: go home or explore the new bike path the city is about halfway done building. We decided to see where the new bike path led.

We ended up biking all the way to the nice little downtown of our city. We went to our local independent coffee roaster and each had an iced coffee at the sidewalk tables and watched all of the people walking up and down the sidewalk. Really nice.

Before we got up to leave we started thinking about what to do for dinner. We decided to stop by the grocery store on our ride home and pick up a few things. I got a few pork chops, fresh salsa, and fat free sour cream. I grilled the chops and then sliced them up in thin strips and we made tacos with some excellent fresh tortillas we discovered. We ate on the patio and had strawberry shortcake for dessert.

We ended up riding about 10.5 miles. I also used the heart rate monitor I got last weekend. It worked great.

No comments: