My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Friday
I cut the grass Friday night after work because I was concerned about rain over the weekend, plus Sheri's Mom is visiting this weekend.

Saturday
While Sheri was walking dogs this morning I did some chores around the house. I took out the glass storm door and installed the screen on the front door. Emptied the dishwasher. Went through the mail and paid a bill. Made some iced tea. Did a little house straightening up. Researched vacuum cleaners.

When Sheri got home we went to Loco Burrito for some lunch. I got two tacos, one chili relleno taco and one pastor taco. Sheri got a giant quesadilla and I ate about half of that.

After that we walked next door to the Wonder Bread outlet store and got a loaf of light wheat bread. We split a Twinkie two-pack for dessert.

Then we drove to Wal-Mart and bought our new vacuum, a gallon of skim milk, and some gum.

We went to the post office to mail a package to a friend of Sheri's, but at 4:00 PM the post office was closed.

We went home and I immediately put the vacuum together. It works great! Lots of suction. It really pulled the carpet pile up and seemed to be sucking up stuff that the old vacuum left behind. We even pulled out our bed and vacuumed under there.

Sheri's Mom got in around 5:30 PM and brought lots of treats with her. Cinnamon coated almonds. Anderson's sour dough bread. Rosemary and olive oil Triscits. Triple ginger ginger snap cookies. I sampled a little of everything and it pretty much took care of my appetite.

We decided to go to Noodles & Co for dinner. I still wasn't hungry so I just tried three of their chicken pot stickers and a Diet Coke. Pretty good. We decided not to walk around downtown, but instead go home and watch Life Aquatic with Bill Murray. (We did not watch it with Bill Murray. He was in the movie.) On the way home we stopped at the supermarket for tea bags.

Sheri's Mom brought a bunch of Sheri's sister's old clothes that she can't wear anymore. She wanted to try them all on when we got home to see which ones she wanted and which ones would go to Goodwill. I decided to take advantage of the break and go for my first bike ride in nice weather. It was great! I think I was riding for about 20 minutes. I used the LED headlight that I got for my birthday. It was very bright. I could see street signs reflecting brightly when I was over 100 feet away.

The movie was good. Subtle humor. It was similar in humor to The Royal Tenenbaums. I think the same director directed both movies, which would explain that. While I was watching it I thought it also seemed like British humor.

I took a shower because I got a little hot from the bike ride, and now I am in bed wrapping up this post, watching Saturday Night Live, getting ready to turn out the lights.

No comments: