My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Friday, May 27, 2005

I stopped after work to buy the bike computer I wanted, but I guess it is a newer model and they don't have it in stock yet. I told myself I wasn't going to settle for a different model if they didn't have the one I wanted, so instead I got a trunk for my bike rack. It attaches with four Velcro straps to the cargo rack over my rear wheel. This is what it looks like:



I wanted it because there are several things I like to take with me when ever I go for a ride, and it is too much to shove in my pockets. With the trunk I can just dump it all in there. I like to take:

Garage door opener remote
House keys
Wallet (for my ID in case I am found unconscious)
Cell phone
Bike tool

When I got home I ordered the bike computer online from Amazon.com.

For my little ride today I strapped my GPS to the trunk so I could see how far I rode. I went 4.74 miles and my top speed was 21.9 mph. My average speed was 9 mph.

When I got home I found Sheri in bed and she told me she lost her job today. What kind of boss gives someone the axe on a Friday, and especially the Friday before a holiday weekend? I always thought the classy thing to do was wait until Monday to do that. Oh well. We will be OK.

No comments: