My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

I am going to cut the grass before the rain is supposed to get here at noon.

Then after I shower up I think I am going to pick up a HoneyBaked ham for the holiday weekend.

Last fall Tim and Lisa dropped Shawn and Dauber off with us, and then went into Chicago to get a hotel room and spend the weekend seeing the Christmas lights. As thanks they gave us a HoneyBaked gift certificate. I have been saving it for a special occasion, but that just meant that it was hanging under a magnet on the fridge. I thought a nice three-day weekend would give us plenty of ham-eating opportunities.

I actually planned on getting it last night, but I ended up going out to a buffet for lunch with my boss, and I knew I wasn't going to eat much for dinner, so I decided just to wait until today to pick it up. My reasoning: there is a small chance that the retail store would have received a fresh shipment of hams between yesterday after work and today when I go to pick it up, and therefore might get a fresher ham. Probably not, but oh well, that's the way my mind works.

Thanks for being so thoughtful Tim and Lisa!

(The Blogger.com spelling checker suggested "henpecked" as a replacement for "HoneyBaked". Hmmm, HenPecked Ham?)

No comments: