My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Around 3:00 AM this morning I was half awake and heard a noise coming from Sheri's side of the bed. It took me a second for it to register, but then I determined it was Sheri grinding her teeth.

It didn't sound just like teeth clicking against each other, but a destructive high-pressure grinding that would most surely result in going to the dentist for painful crowns to replace the parts that got chipped off. Once it sunk in I quickly jumped to wake her up as quickly as possible to stop the damage. It turned it was just the sound of her trying to force the plastic cap back onto a tub of Vaseline. I got shivers for the next couple of minutes every time I heard the sound in my head and imagined it was her teeth.

No comments: