My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

We just got back from the grocery store where we discovered a new pasta product from Barilla called Barilla Plus. Here are the amazing ingredients in the order listed on the package:

Semolina (same as regular pasta)
Lentils
Chickpeas
Oats
Spelt
Barley
Egg whites
Flaxseed
Wheat fiber
Durum (same as regular pasta)

One 2 ounce serving has 17% RDA of protein and 16% RDA of fiber. It also has 15% of the RDA of ALA Omega-3.

I can't go nuts eating it, but when I do eat pasta it will be much better for me than regular pasta. I have already cooked half of it and made macaroni salad. It tastes just like regular pasta. We have tried some other low carb and high fiber pasta that was too tough or cardboard tasting.

No comments: