My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Sheri has to work tonight, but fortunately she can do it from home. I am not sure what exactly she is doing but it involves 22 servers and several other people on a conference call. She is stopping them. Loading stuff on them. Other people do stuff. Starts them back up. It was scheduled to go from about 7:30 PM until midnight. It is almost 12:30 AM and she still has a few more to do. At least she can do it from home.

I want to go to bed but I will stay up and keep her company. We got a pizza for dinner so she could pick on it if she got hungry. I have made coffee. Read a little bit of the book I am reading about coffee. Surfed the Net. Played with my GPS. Made iced tea. Drank iced tea. When it is time to go to bed I know the coffee and tea are going to start wanting back out and I probably won't sleep very much. We have a brunch date with her Starbuck's friends tomorrow morning. (Actually this morning now.)

I started 12 sunflowers in 6 starting pots about a month ago and they are ready to be planted outside. I want to do it this weekend but I am concerned it might be too cold. I have rabbit repellant to spray them with once I plant them. I will plant the rest of the packet of seeds in the ground around the sprouted seedlings.

Work is going well. I feel like people appreciate and value my work which is always a nice environment to be in. Plus I enjoy it most of the time. I think I am ready for a day off though. I can not take vacation or sick time for my first six months there. Stupid. I wonder if they would change that rule if a new hire came to work with the flu and got the HR director sick because the newbie couldn't take a sick day.

The "b" key on our laptop's keyboard is broken. I am thinking about taking it apart to see if I can fix it, but I am worried I might cause more damage than good.

Me enjoying a cup of coffee before our Intelligentsia Coffee factory tour last weekend. I think they probably have the best coffee in the United States. It is what Charlie Trotter serves in his restaurant!


We took home a pound of coffee from this freshly roasted batch. As Shawn would say: "Deeeeeeelicous!"

No comments: