My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, May 31, 2003

I was just emptying the full collection bin on my shredder and I somehow managed to dump the entire contents on the office floor. Crap. It is a confetti shredder and it makes little specs of paper about the size of two grains of rice end to end. I picked up what I could by hand, and then sucked the rest up with the Dustbuster. I drained the batteries. I got all of the shreds up, but there is paper dust that I can still see. I will have to get the big vacuum out for that.

Sheri is at a website launch party/BBQ for her friend that knitted the blanket for Goliath, scarf for me, and doily for her. I was going to go, but I still need to do more work on my presentation for class on Tuesday.

We dropped the car off at the dealership this morning for a laundry list of problems:

  • Air conditioning
  • "Service engine soon" light
  • Brakes are pulsing
  • Turn signals don't work
  • Oil change

I think we have had the air conditioning on that car charged annually for the last few years, so last year they charged it with coolant that had ultra-violet dye. They should be able to shine a black light in the engine compartment and see where the leak is, and hopefully fix it for good.

Last year they also replaced the turn signal switch. He said the switch might still be under warranty.

The brakes are pulsing pretty bad. I hope there is enough metal left on the rotors for them to turn rather than to needing to install brand new rotors.

I have been kicking around the idea of getting another graduate degree now that I am done with my MBA. I think I would probably be interested in an IT related degree. Maybe an MS in Telecommunications Systems. No hurry, and I will probably wait a year before making a decision. As long as the Bank is paying for it, and the economy seems so uncertain right now, I might as well take advantage of it. I really enjoyed my MBA classes, and I think know I would enjoy IT classes even more.

No comments: