My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, February 14, 2004

Sheri got me a small package of Lindt chocolates for Valentines Day. I discovered Lindt when I was in Switzerland. It is the every-day chocolate that most of the Swiss eat.

If you want a big expensive image but don't care about taste, get Godiva chocolate. But if you want very good chocolate at a reasonable price, Lindt is the way to go. Godiva doesn't melt in your mouth. They seem "plasticky". I think they add something (a lot of paraffin wax?) to keep them from melting so they are easier to handle, form, decorate, etc.

The BEST chocolates I have ever had are Belgium chocolates, but they are very expensive. They are a little bit better than Lindt, but a lot more expensive. I wouldn't spend money on giving someone Belgium chocolates unless I knew they were going to savor the taste, texture, etc. as intensely as I would.

I have to have Sheri hide my chocolates from me and space them out, otherwise I would eat them all in a day or two. I am the same way in the grocery store: I can walk past all of the chips, candy, cookies, etc. and be strong, but if it gets in the house, my willpower disappears. So with the chocolates I just tell her to hide them and give me one periodically, or if I get a craving I will ask her for one. Sounds weird, but I know myself and the horrors I am capable of.

No comments: