My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, February 07, 2004

We went to Trader Joe's last night and stocked up on a bunch of things. Mostly things for meals for me. I tried a one-pound package of frozen salmon burgers. Delicious. I tried one for lunch this afternoon on our George Foreman grill. I put it on a bun with a little horseradish sauce and a fat-free American cheese slice.

I got a frozen chicken vindaloo (Indian food) frozen dinner to take to work for lunch.

They had goat's milk cheddar cheese advertised in their monthly flyer, and that is one of the things I intentionally went there to get. I was disappointed. I expected something sharper, like a cross between feta and sharp cheddar. It is closer to Colby cheese, which I detest. (I would rather have Velveeta than Colby, but I digress.)

We got three boxes of various high fiber cereals. I also got a one-pound bag of flaxseed to sprinkle on cereal and other foods. Flax seed has an enormous amount of omega-3 oils, the same stuff that you eat fish for.

I got a one-pound package of frozen Australian beef patties. A container of dolmas (stuffed grape leaves). Some lavender liquid hand soap. Two pounds of frozen mango. The mango was another advertised item that was specifically on my list. We tried some frozen last night. Sheri really liked it. Like little juicy Popsicle bits. A can of their store brand tongol tuna. Some delicious fried wasabi peas. A loaf of sprouted whole grain bread.

No comments: