My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

I am currently take the classes that are underlined below. The following semester all I will have to take is Geography 459, which is one of the three required classes, and I will be done. I am going to try and get an internship once I am comfortable with using ArcView and GeoMedia. That would be very helpful on my resume.

Required Courses (9 hours)
GEOG 256, Maps and Mapping (3)
GEOG 359, Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (3)

GEOG 459,* Geographic Information Systems (3)

Course work chosen from the following with consent of adviser (6 hours)
GEOG 391E, Internship: Geographic Information Systems (3)
GEOG 455,* Land-Use Planning (3)
GEOG 460,* Remote Sensing of the Environment (3)
GEOG 464,* Location Analysis (3) OR
OMIS 379, Business Applications of GIS (3)
GEOG 467,* Workshop in Cartography/GIS (3-6)
GEOG 491,* Undergraduate Research in Geography (1-3)
GEOG 493,* Computer Methods and Modeling (1-3)
GEOG 498M,* Seminar in Current Problems: Methodology and Techniques (3)

*May be applied toward a graduate degree at NIU.

No comments: