My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, September 06, 2003

I did it! This links to a map that shows all counties within 100 miles of DuPage county. I have DuPage county grayed out in the middle. I couldn't figure out how to get the label for DuPage county to appear.

Now I can understand why the internships I applied for were not interested me. The software is much more complicated than I thought it would be. It would have been a waste of their money to have me stumbling around the software on their time. Who would have thought a simple map of county outlines would be so involved. I love it though!

I think I am going to go ahead and order the ArcGIS software for $250. That is the one that normally costs about $1,500, and is the main software used in the industry. The software that I just did the county maps on is the number 2 software in the industry and considerably cheaper. I have the free one year student licence for that right now.

No comments: