My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, September 21, 2003

We had a great weekend with Beth. She came in on Friday afternoon while I was at class,
Friday afternoon Sheri and Beth went to the mall and had lunch. Friday night we went to Lou Malnati's for Chicago-style pizza.

Saturday they saw a movie while I worked on my homework. Saturday night we tried to find a church pig roast we heard about, but we couldn't find it. We ended up going to a Chinese buffet, and then watched a movie at home. (more on movie below)

Today we went out for brunch, and then they dropped me off back at home so I could do more homework and they did some more shopping.

The co-worker she flew in with on Friday picked her up at our house to go back to the airport at about 6:30 PM tonight.

Last night we saw a movie I REALLY liked. It was Punch-Drunk Love. It starred Adam Sandler, but it was a totally different kind of role for him. It had a few spots that were a little weird, but nothing that got in the way of enjoying the film. Sandler's character had a lot of development, and you find yourself rooting for him almost from the beginning of the movie. I wouldn't call it a comedy, but there were a fair amount of chuckles in it. It got a lot of good reviews too.

No comments: