My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, September 18, 2003

Just got a voicemail from my doctor. My hemoglobin A1c went from 6.7 three months ago to 7.1 currently.
(Current recommendation is below 7, and it is going to be changed to below 6.5.)

I kind of expected it, though, because the first couple months after losing my job were characterized by a higher level of inactivity. Commuting to Chicago everday and walking back and forth from Union Station was healthy for me. My speed walks around campus trying to cover 3/4 of a mile in 10 minutes should help to bring my suger back down.

I think my birthday pedometer also helped with my good 6.7 reading last time. I tried to get 10,000 steps per day. At lunch sometimes I would just walk around downtown to get more steps.

No comments: