My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

This is a link to the map I just made. After my last post, I added a query that said "Show any state that contains any of the counties that were selected on the buffer query."

Wisconsin River with a 25 mile buffer zone.

Why would this query be useful? Suppose the state discovered that toxic chemicals were being dumped into the river, and their geologists said it could affect ground water up to 25 miles away, and they wanted to notify the county governments so they could warn their citizens. Bingo, here you go. Now rather than telling the whole state and wasting a lot of people's time, just notify the counties that need to be concerned.

I promise that my maps will get more interesting as time goes on. Just stick with me for now though. ;-)

No comments: