My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, April 10, 2004

I had a productive day yesterday. I originally planned on going into the City with Sheri in the morning (I had off but she didn’t) but it was on the border-line cool side, and the gusty winds would have made it unenjoyable to sit outside and watch people.

I started out by cutting the grass. The lawn mower started on the third try. I was glad because I didn’t winterize it at the end of the season. I might have changed the oil but I left a small amount of gas in it. I might have added Sta-Bil to the gas, but I also forget.

After I cut the grass I cut up a big tree/shrub that was uprooted from the wind storms we had here a while back.

I then applied lawn fertilizer with crabgrass pre-emergent treatment.

Finally I used the string trimmer on the whole yard, and also used it to edge the sidewalk and curb. It started up on the first pull. I didn’t winterize it either, but I did start it up a couple of times over the winter to keep everything moving.

I love my gas powered string trimmer. With an electric powered one I was more likely to skip using it because of the hassle of getting the extension cord, unreeling it, wrangling the cord as I moved around, move it from the front yard to the backyard, getting it untangled from trees, etc. With the gas one I just start it and go.

When I need to replace the string on mine I am going to look for a different color, like blaze orange. Right now it is green and it blends in too well with the grass. I think if it was a more contrasting color I could see the blur of the string and be more precise in trimming.

Sheri is walking dogs this morning, but I didn’t feel like it.

No comments: