My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Here is a quick weekend-recap:

- Friday -

I had to man a table at GIS day, so I was away from the office. It finished at 2 PM and it was closer to home than the office, so when it was finished I just went home instead of to the office. If I went to the office by the time I got there it would almost be time to turn around and go home.

I got home and Sheri was having a bad day. She decided a Lou Malnati's pizza and watching a movie would help her. It did (and me being home of course!). We picked up Robots, but it turned out we got an unwatchable scratched copy and could only watch the first 10 minutes or so. I forget exactly what we did after that, but I think it was just watch TV and go to bed.

- Saturday -

We got up early to get stuff before the Michigan vs. Ohio State game. We went to Burger King for breakfast and to read the paper. We also brought the laptop, but not to surf the web with. We brought it to listen to the pre-game radio shows streaming from 1460 AM in Columbus. It was difficult to listen to though because they had the background music in the restaurant turned up too loud.

We got some bread, tomato, and romaine lettuce for our turkey sandwiches, as well as some potato chips. We enjoyed watching the game. It was an exciting close ending.

Sheri exchanged the Robots DVD and got a good copy. We watched it in the early evening and liked it.

That night we watched Last Days. One of the most boring and slow movies EVAR! We fast forwarded through it in about 30 minutes, but it is still 30 minutes of my life that I will never get back.

Watched Mad TV and Saturday Night Live.

- Sunday -

I read most of the paper on the couch from about 8:30 AM to about 10 AM.

Sheri gave me a haircut.

Took a shower and then left for some errands.

Went to Meijer first. We both got a coffee from the Starbucks that is just inside the store. Just the previous day I was asking Sheri why Starbucks doesn't have a loyalty card where they give you a punch each time you buy a coffee and then your 10th one is free. The one inside this Meijer does! You buy five and your sixth is free. We only needed King Arthur flour and an air filter for my car.

We then returned the Robots DVD.

Next was Trader Joe's for for wine and soy protein.

Home Depot for some enzymes to pour down slow drains to open them up.

Tanked up the van so Sheri doesn't run out of gas driving to her interview tomorrow.

Gordon's for a pound of yeast and 2,000 packets of Nutrasweet.

Bobak's for Maxwell Polish sausages and buns.

We both had a slice of leftover pizza when we got home.

Then I started making dough. I will freeze the dough after it rises and and gets punched down a couple times. On Thanksgiving all I have to do is defrost the dough, form it into hard rolls, let them rise on a cookie sheet for a bit and put them in the oven. No mixing bowls or dough hooks to wash in the hectic Thanksgiving kitchen that way.

I replaced the air filter in my car.

I balanced the checkbook and went through a day or two of mail.

I did a few things on the computer, which brings me to now. I think I am going to make a turkey sandwich soon. We are going to watch The Poseidon Adventure tonight until Desperate Housewives comes on, and then switch to that.

No comments: