My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

This week has flown by. I think it was because of the excitement of Sheri's new job.

I just checked the weather for Saturday in Chicago and now it says the wind-chill is going to be above freezing, so maybe we will take the train into the city. As of yesterday the wind-chill was expected to be between 14° and 19° on Saturday.

I want to make a pot of the delicious white chili that we had at Tim and Lisa's house Wednesday night after our drive from Chicago. The couple changes I will make are:

1. Grill the chicken before it goes into the pot to give it a little bit of a smoky taste.
2. Two cans of green chilies instead of one. I really like green chilies. I might even see if they have some nice fresh ones in the produce section. Mild ones like anaheims.

I also might garnish each bowl with a little fresh chopped cilantro. We also might have some masa flour in the pantry for making corn tortillas. I might add a third cup for both flavor and body. I usually do that for my regular chili.

Lisa sent me two recipes, and I will probably borrow a little from each one. I will publish the recipe of what I end up taking from each one if it turns out good.

I have been busy at work today doing fun projects. That's always nice.

I don't think I have ever been really happy with the gifts I get for Sheri. If anyone has any good Christmas ideas please send me an e-mail. It would be so much easier if she were a guy.

No comments: