My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Saturday, December 17, 2005

We are at Panera’s. I did an hour and a half of freelance work while Sheri read the paper. We split a Turkey Bravo sandwich. After a while she went up and got us a couple sweets and a couple coffees. I still think they have horrible brewed coffee, but their espresso is acceptable. I had my normal (say it with me) small decaf Americano with an extra shot.

We both had a tiring week and just felt spent by last night. We went out to dinner so we could catch up with each other rather than just watching a movie. We were going to go to the Chinese buffet we like but have not been to in a while, but when we got there it went out of business. (Well I don’t mean it went out of business just as we got there. It was like that when we got there.) Our plan B was Golden Corral. Golden Corral is a double edged sword for me. I can actually do very well there, but there are also a lot of dangerous temptations. Last night I did pretty well. I started off with a big salad and a large scoop of crab salad. Then I went up for a bowl of soup. By that point I was starting to fill up. I went and got a small scoop of the bourbon chicken sans rice, a couple pieces of deep fried shrimp, a piece of catfish (didn’t like that and didn’t finish it), and some green beans. All of that wasn’t too bad. I had a couple of their excellent yeast rolls which they bring to the table, and I broke down and got a little dessert. I love their bread pudding and I got just a large table spoon full. I had one sugar cookie and one oatmeal cookie, and I had probably about 1/3 of a slice of their supposedly sugar free blueberry pie. I wasn’t perfect but I did OK. I didn’t leave uncomfortably full which is always a good barometer.

We still both feel worn out even though we slept in later than usual. We are going to look up what ingredients we need on the Internet to make beef stroganoff, stop at the grocery store, and then go home and probably take a little nap. After than we will make dinner and watch Fantastic Four. For tomorrow we have The 40 Year Old Virgin. I am looking forward to both movies.

I am afraid this coming week is going to be tiring and stressful too, so we really need to make sure we get our batteries charged today and tomorrow. I have some really good news, but I don't want to say anything until it is official.

No comments: