My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I am not used to eating lunch. I normally just work through lunch and eat nuts at my desk. The last few days I have been going out to lunch with people every day and my body is not used to the extra calories. I feel a little bloated and I have not been hungry for dinner in the evenings, and the scale is showing a couple extra pounds. I should dust off the stationary bike tonight and work some of it off.

I have been getting very nice e-mails from people wishing me well and people stopping by my desk to say they will miss me. That always feels good.

I have been cleaning off my desk and thinning out my paper files. I have been lugging a plastic grocery bag of personal items home the last few days. I have not really been working on anything. If something comes in I redirect it to the people who will be doing my work and then guiding them through it. It is better if they hit all the walls they can now while I am still here rather than when I am gone.

No comments: