My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Friday, January 06, 2006

My last day at work was pretty nice. People stopped by my desk throughout the day to say goodbye and wish me well. I also got lots of e-mails from people letting me know how much they enjoyed working with me and that they would miss me. That really meant a lot.

About 20 people pitched in a bought a bunch of pizzas and cans of soda, and we all ate in one of the conference rooms. After that something really cool happened that I cannot write about here but will send out all of the details on e-mail list.

I actually was pretty busy today. Not actually doing work, but doing as much of a brain-dump to my two coworkers as I could.

I was fine the whole day except for maybe the last 45 minutes. Even though I am really excited about what lies ahead, I started to feel bad about leaving a place where I really enjoyed the work and the people. I have been there two years, but it doesn't seem that long.

I didn't get teary eyed or choked up. I just started to feel weird knowing that I would not be back there on Monday. Also my desk without all of my personal effects and clutter looked and felt very strange.

And even though it was a drag driving the 60 mile round trip drive every day, I felt a little loss as I drove that route home for the last time.

No comments: