My greyhound can run faster than your honor student.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

We went to McDonald's for breakfast and to relax with the Sunday paper for a bit, and then I was going to drop Sheri off for some clothes shopping while I went around the corner to CompUSA and the bookstore waiting for her call to pick her up.

We were about getting ready to wrap it up and go on our way when I noticed a little knot in my stomach. After a few more minutes my skin started to feel extra sensitive all over my body and I felt a little achy.

So Sheri dropped me off at home and she went out by herself. (She ended up a getting a nice cotton cable knit sweater.)

I couldn't get warm at home. The bases of my finger nails were a little blue, but I never reached shivering stage. I moved it from the couch downstairs up to bed. I slept a little bit, but more just like drifting in and out of consciousness.

One of the things I wanted to do after reading the Sunday ads was go to Best Buy and get a 160 gigabyte Western Digital internal hard drive that they had advertised for $39 after rebates. It is normally $130. Anyway, I totally forgot about it because I was feeling like crap. Sheri took it upon herself to go pick one up for me because I made a comment while we were in the restaurant that at that price they would probably sell out today. I have never installed a hard drive, but from what I hear it is not too difficult. Thanks Sheri!

Sheri came home and brought me some cold soda and got into bed to warm me up. I think my warmth is back to normal. (If anything I might feel a little warm now under the covers.) My stomach still feels like it has a knot in it, but strangely enough I feel a little hungry. I think I will mix up some soy protein to drink.

Sheri stopped at Blockbuster and picked up Wedding Crashers. We are going to watch that in a few minutes so we will be free to watch Desperate Housewives tonight.

I still have to pack my first-day-of-work crash kit and pick out what I am going to wear.

Sheri's nausea seemed to pass overnight, so hopefully by tomorrow morning I will be back to normal as well.

After work tomorrow I am going to stop for a haircut, go home for a shower, and if we are both feeling up to it go out for a dual-celebration dinner at Sullivan's Steak House. We never really did that for Sheri's new job a few weeks ago. Now we will have two reasons to go out.

No comments: